Sunday, February 24, 2013

Chicken Tikka Masala

Let me confess something to you right now:  I love Trader Joe's masala simmering sauce.  I mean, since I found it a few months ago, it has been a favorite, go-to kind of thing in our house.  So, without further ado, I give you the easiest tikka masala you'll ever make.

Everything you need!
You'll need:
1 to 1.5 lbs of chicken
1/2 yellow onion
1 bell pepper (any color)
1 jar of Trader Joe's Masala simmering sauce


Heat up a skillet with a bit of oil while you cube up the chicken into manageable pieces.  Throw those on the skillet while you dice up half a yellow onion and a whole pepper the same way.  Following the directions on the jar for simmering.

Simmering away...almost done
I have noticed, just as a side note, that when I use chicken thighs (a little more fatty) rather than chicken breast, the sauce doesn't seem to be quite so runny.  I might just be over-cooking the chicken breast, which has been a little more dry than when I use thigh, so I'll have to experiment a little more to double check that.  I might just be adding more water (part of the simmering directions is to add about 1/2 a jar of water while its cooking) without realizing it.

Bruno and I really, really like the garlic naan that Trader Joe's sells.  I know, I know, this is turning into a TJ promotion.  But it's totally true!  So, Trader Joe's brand garlic tandoori naan--go check that out.  It's literally the best naan I've found at a grocery store.  So grab some naan, whatever your favorite happens to be, maybe some fruit (we had pineapple with ours), and enjoy!  Also, don't forget to check out the other post from tonight!

Mmmmm...delicious delicious Trader Joe's Tikka Masala




1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jenny, that looks delish!!. And Traders Joes is awesome!

    ReplyDelete