Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tasty Shabushabu

So, here is the other restaurant food I love Love LOVE! The restaurant is called Shabuway, and it's basically Japanese hot pot (Shabushabu). I'm sure this would be fairly easy to do at home, so let me break down what we basically get:

You'll need an electric burner (to keep that broth piping hot!) for your table. Shabu broth is basically water with a bouillon type cube of seaweed. I love it spicy, so there is chili oil and a lot of peppers in ours. You just keep the broth at a low boil and cook everything yourself as you go. This restaurant offers a bunch of different types of meats--mainly beef, but pork, lamb, and others are available--served with a plate of veggies (napa, carrot,I shroom, spinach, and tofu). Get in on the garlic and green onion ponzu-style dipping sauce and this makes for a tasty treat. Since I'm pretty sure you aren't hiding a deli-style meat slicer in your kitchen, be careful cutting thin strips of your selected meats to cook in your broth. Normally, it should only take a few swishes in the broth (the "shabu" swish swish sound it's named for) to cook the meat. Let me know if you try it at home! If I get a chance to do homemade, I'll be sure to post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment