Friday, March 15, 2013

Wannabe Benihana

I'm not going to lie, I am completely addicted to two food things in particular:

1. SHABUWAY (which I will explain tomorrow)
2. Teppan-- Benihana's in particular

I don't know what crazy Asian voodoo magic they used to create their chicken fried rice, but that stuff is like crack.

You'll need: rice, minced garlic, onions, carrots or other veggies you like, soy sauce, butter, eggs, and chicken (I didn't have thawed chicken so I went without)

If you have chicken, dice that up and stir fry it up while your rice cooks. Hopefully you have a rice cooker, but if you don't I will attach some links later to easy rice cooking directions.

You'll need just a dollop of oil heated in a pan to "fry" our eggs. Just whisk them in a bowl like you're making scrambled eggs and pour over the hot pan to cook them, breaking apart into smaller clusters. Add your diced veggies an onions (chicken, too!). Let these cook around with each other for a minute, then scoop your COOKED rice--just eyeball how much you think you'll like--into the pan. Top everything with a tablespoon of butter, a healthy dose of salt and pepper, a spoonful of minced garlic, and two tablespoons of soy sauce.


Fold everything together and let it fry up a little longer in the pan... Voila!!  Dash some sesame seeds on top, if you'd like.  Otherwise, you're ready to go.  I added a couple pot stickers, since I didn't have any chicken to cook in my batch of rice.


Use caution! It's better to use less soy sauce
and then taste after you mix everything
than to over-salt your rice with it!


Enjoy your tasty fried rice =D


No comments:

Post a Comment